Every woman has a different experience after an abortion. Many times her emotional reaction can be a shock to her as well as others, even when a woman chooses for what she believed all the right reasons. Many women feel alone or unable to choose to grieve or to heal. Others may have been denied the choice they wanted or the support needed. Though experiences may differ, there are many common symptoms of post-abortion distress. Not all symptoms appear at the same time, and no one experiences them all.
Some of these symptoms include:
- Re-experiencing the events through thoughts or nightmares
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Emotional numbing
- …and more.
Agape Women’s Services offers Forgiven and Set Free, a 10-week Bible study for women who have experienced an abortion in their past. The support groups are small, confidential, and supportive. They provide women a safe place to talk about their past abortion experiences and receive God’s healing and comfort. Participants will learn how to apply biblical truths to common symptoms such as grief, guilt, anger, depression, and emotional numbness.
As with every other service through Agape, confidentiality is important to us. Nothing you share will be shared with others. We will walk with you, and believe you can experience hope, help, and healing.
Call us (423-928-2273) or contact us below for details to register for the next session. We would be honored with the opportunity to love, encourage and serve you in this way.
- Do you grieve the loss of your child?
- Do you feel free telling others about your abortion experience?
- Do you find yourself striving to prove that you are a good mother?
- Do you think bad things have happened or will happen to you because of your abortion?
- Do you engage in self-punishing attitudes or behaviors since your abortion?
- Have you experienced unforgiveness and/or anger connected to your abortion?
- Do you avoid situations that remind you of your abortion?
- Do you have unhealthy relationships or unhealthy friendships with men?
- Has the way you view yourself as a woman changed since your abortion?
- Do you feel alone with your emotional pain?
If you have answered Yes to any of these questions and would like to have healing from an abortion experience, let us help you begin moving into your future unhindered by your past.
New groups begin each Fall and Spring. Call us (423-928-2273) or contact us below for details to register for the next session. We would be honored with the opportunity to love, encourage and serve you in this way.