Seven Things to Consider
There is no such thing as an easy quick fix for an unplanned pregnancy. If you are considering an abortion, you will never regret taking time to think through your decision.
Heads up: Working through some of these questions can be really tough. Remember, you don’t need to think through this alone; our staff at Agape would be happy to sit and talk through your options with you.
Seven things to consider
- Am I sure that I am pregnant? Have I received a pregnancy confirmation from a medical clinic?
- Have I considered an ultrasound to ensure I have a viable pregnancy? An ultrasound will provide exact information you need when making a decision about your pregnancy.
- Have I spent time considering all my available options – Abortion, Parenting, Adoption?
- Am I making a decision too quickly?
- Do I know what will happen at the abortion provider’s facility and how to care for myself afterwards? Are there any costs over and above the cost of the abortion? Do I understand how they handle unexpected complications?
- Do I know anyone who has had an abortion? Would it be helpful to talk with them about their story and learn from their perspective?
- Will I be able to live with the decision I make for the rest of my life?
This is one of the most difficult questions to face even if no one else knows you are or were pregnant. The emotional impact of an abortion decision can negatively impact your self-image for years to come. Taking time to consider the feelings you may have following a procedure is important.
Sometimes the hardest conversations are the one we most need to have and the hardest questions are the ones that must be answered. We know that dealing with an unplanned pregnancy is hard, and we want to be there for you as you process and gather information.